Wednesday 6 February 2013

AW13... If You Stand For Nothing You Will Fall For Anything!


Finally after a CRAZY January I have time to update my blog... it's quite unbelievable to think that myself and my lovely intern Jess turned this collection around in only 22 days!!! NOTHING was made on the 2nd of January and we had the photo shoot on the 24th. Wowser! To be fair, I myself only made 2 of the samples this time (as apposed to all of them last season but seriously, that almost killed me!!!)... Running your own fashion label can be all encompassing at times. I have to be a designer, pattern cutter, seamstress, marketing manager, production coordinator, accountant, sales manager etc etc etc - PHEW - it's exhausting!!!  Thanks to the East London Business Centre however, I received some funding which meant I could pay sample makers this time to at least sew up the collection. So a huge thanks to Fashion Enter, the wonderful East End workroom that worked hard to meet our deadline... (the same company is making the SS13 production, available to buy at Young British Designers from April 2013 http://kellyshaw.co.uk/downloads/kelly_shaw_lookbook_ss2013.pdf)

Just the organisation of getting everything made and in the right place at the right time is a logistical nightmare... but hey we did it and I'm very happy with the results :)...  





 



















2 comments:

  1. My names in this post :)

    I miss the crazy missions!
    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. couldn't of done it without you my dear :) x

    ReplyDelete